Cleansheep® Washable Sheepskin, Quad
100% lambskin leather with natural fleece intact
5.5 foot long
3.5 foot wide
1.25 inch wool pile
The shape follows the natural contours of the four hides sewn together. So each item varies slightly.
Eco-friendly tanning, with no chrome or harmful substances is most often called “medical tanned sheep skin.” This gives the common gold color. Shorn to an even 1.25 inch, the fleece allows airflow under pressure that’s comfortable and dry on skin.
This is a natural product. Although it is washable, washing too often or vigorously weakens the resilient properties of the fleece. It is normal that the fleece becomes springy and less straight after the first washing.
- Shake and fluff as needed to separate and revive the fibers.
- Hand wash or delicate machine wash in cold or medium water.
- Spot clean fleece side with gentle soap.
- When fully washing, use only detergents specifically made for sheepskins, nonalkaline, no enzymes.
- Air dry away from sunlight. Stretch occasionally from the outer edges to maintain the shape.
If cutting the sheepskin for a specific size, use a sharp razor blade not scissors which could crosscut fleece.
*** NOTE: The free brush offer does not apply for Cleansheep Washable Sheepskins. The short fleece makes brushing unnecessary ***
The photos are typical of this variety.